There may be a myriad of
Archives for May 2016
It may be that you have recently completed a doula training course, or that you are returning to work after time away. Perhaps you became a doula a while ago, but you have found that enquiries just aren’t at the level you would like them to be. Maybe your knowledge of social media and website creation just isn’t where it needs to be. Nurturing Birth have combined forces with Naava Carman, Director of the Fertility Support Company providing Fertility and Obstetric Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine, as well as Doula, Doula Mentor and Head of Membership for Doula UK, to provide a practical and experiential day in which we will:
• Explore different ways of marketing yourself
• Consider what messages you are knowingly or unknowingly transmitting to your clients through your business materials (cards, leaflets, website, social media presence) and verbal communication
• Update your knowledge and use of social media, and harness your real-life social network to aid in spreading your message
We will also be considering:
• What type of contract and payment system will work best for you
• What boundaries you are establishing, and how best to enforce them
• The importance and meaning of customer service in a service-based industry
• How to keep an accurate log of your expenses, and decide whether you are better off as a sole trader or limited company
• How any additional services you offer can be incorporated into the Doula package.
At the end of this day, we would expect you to feel confident about how to spread the word about what you do, how to deal with new client enquiries and ongoing relationships, how to feel safe about money and contracts, how to present yourself for interviews and feel that you are accurately portraying yourself in your business materials and online presence. The day is aimed at doulas and other pregnancy/birth-related professionals.
The course costs £60 per person with a maximum of 15 participants.
For more information and to book your place on the course contact:
Sophie or Florence at
or complete the Register Your Interest form on the website!
Nurturing Birth is so proud to present the Nurturing Birth Directory – an easy way for pregnant mums and new parents to find all the services they might need under one roof. No need to register or give any data – just type in what you are looking for and a local list of service providers will come up! Find out all you need to know and then contact them direct via links to their website, email or phone! http://www.nurturingbirthdirectory.com
We’ve brought ourselves kicking and screaming in to the 21st century and are now posting films on our own Youtube channel! Currently we have a film featuring several doulas who have completed our Nurturing Birth Doula course, a few talking heads of Florence and Sophie discussing various doula subjects, and an interview with a former doula, now student midwife. More to come and do let us know if there are any particular subjects you would like us to cover! Nurturing Birth Youtube Channel