Our Intensive Course is our shorter course – a perfect introduction to the world of doulaing.
What you can expect from the intensive course:
- 4 consecutive days spent with an experienced working doula/facilitator looking at the doula role, debriefing experiences and meeting like-minded people
- Reflective work to be completed in advance of the four days together
- Preparation for the course – exploring beliefs, feelings and knowledge around pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period. Work to be submitted to the Course Facilitator at least one week before the course start date.
- One-to-one session with your Doula Facilitator after the course (via phone or Skype) to discuss your situation, expectations, fears and challenges going forward
- One mentoring session with the mentor of your choice
- Six months to complete a post-course module
- Nurturing Birth Intensive Course Certificate on completion of the course and home study modules to the satisfaction of the Course Facilitator
- Option to purchase the online content of the Expansive Course on completion of Nurturing Birth Intensive Course
- Option to continue mentoring by enrolling on the New Doula Mentoring programme
Ready to book?
Save your place with only £150 deposit
All doulas completing a Nurturing Birth course will get:
- Nurturing Birth Doula logos to put on websites and other promotional materials
- A comprehensive manual full of evidence-based research and information to support you in starting your doula journey
- A free listing on the international Nurturing Birth Directory
- Discounted options on some of our CPD courses
- Invitation to a secret Facebook group where you can get support from our warm, welcoming network of Nurturing Birth doulas across the globe
- Invitations to Nurturing Birth doula gatherings
- A quarterly e-newsletter with up-to-date research, information, CPD options and support
- The well-respected position of being a Nurturing Birth doula