Our Social Distancing Course is a combination of our Intensive and Expansive courses spread across five days with a combination of Zoom webinar/meeting sessions and online learning, plus a one-to-one mentoring session – a perfect option if you are wanting to train as a doula but are choosing to self-isolate, are in a locked-down city/country or live far from any of our in-person courses.
What you can expect from the Social Distancing Doula Course:
- 5 consecutive days (3-4 hours per day) spent with an experienced working doula/facilitator looking at the doula role, debriefing experiences and meeting like-minded people on Zoom (an online meeting/webinar platform)
- Opportunities for breakout sessions to complete pair and group work
- Access to an online learning platform with many modules, prepared by trusted and respected specialists, to watch in your own time
- Reflective work to be completed in advance of the five days together
- Preparation for the course – exploring beliefs, feelings and knowledge around pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period. Work to be submitted to the Course Facilitator at least one week before the course start date.
- One-to-one session with your Course Facilitator after the course (via phone or Skype) to discuss your situation, expectations, fears and challenges going forward
- A session with your chosen mentor from the Nurturing Birth mentor team once you have completed your course during which you can reflect on your personal experiences and learning, set goals for the future and have space to be encouraged and nurtured.
- Six months to complete a post-course module
- Nurturing Birth Course Certificate on completion of the course and home study modules to the satisfaction of the Course Facilitator
- Maximum 12 people per group
All doulas completing a Nurturing Birth course will get:
- Nurturing Birth Doula logos to put on websites and other promotional materials
- A comprehensive manual full of evidence-based research and information to support you in starting your doula journey
- A free listing on the international Nurturing Birth Directory
- Discounted options on some of our CPD courses
- Invitation to a secret Facebook group where you can get support from our warm, welcoming network of Nurturing Birth doulas across the globe
- Invitations to Nurturing Birth doula gatherings
- A quarterly e-newsletter with up-to-date research, information, CPD options and support
- The well-respected position of being a Nurturing Birth doula
- Option to join Doula UK
Interested in becoming a Doula?
Have a look at our upcoming courses to find a course happening near you.