For those who are already doulas and those who have completed our Mentoring for New Doulas, we want to nurture you and give you a safe space in which to be heard, supported and affirmed
Experience shows us that existing doulas often need support and motivation in the following areas:
- Looking at life/work balance
- Reflecting on client experiences
- Discussing difficult jobs or relationships
- Recovering from burnout and compassion fatigue
- Reinvigorating the doula spirit
- Reflecting on the journey so far and considering the future
- Setting personal goals and objectives
- Developing self-awareness
- Practising self-care
Our mentoring has been developed with all this in mind, giving existing doulas the opportunity to expand, develop and regain confidence.
When you sign up to mentoring you will be supported to choose your mentor from our team of experienced doula mentors. You will build a trusted relationship with your mentor with sessions scheduled on either Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp or face-to-face. We recommend having sessions 3 or 4 times a year.
The cost for one-off sessions of mentoring for existing doulas in the UK is £65.
For more information please contact Michelle, our Mentoring Co-ordinator