Sophie discusses perceptions of doulas preventing midwives from doing their job and/or keeping clients from going to hospital/accessing medical care. … [Read more...] about Barring the way – doulas and midwives, a video blog
Sophie Brigstocke talks about the relationship between midwives and doulas, the question most parents ask at a doula interview and how we can move … [Read more...] about Doulas and Midwives – a video blog
What will you get if you sign up for a Nurturing Birth Doula Course?
- 4 days with an experienced, working doula looking at the doula role, debriefing your own experiences and meeting other like-minded people
- Up to a year to complete your post-course module
- A comprehensive manual full of evidence-based research and information to support you in starting your doula journey
- One-to-one session with your Doula Facilitator after the course (via phone or Skype) to discuss your situation, expectations, fears and challenges going forward
- A free 12-month listing on the international Nurturing Birth Directory
- Reduced cost listing on the Nurturing Birth Directory after the 12 months
- Access to the Nurturing Birth Initial Doula Mentoring Programme
- Invitation to a secret Facebook group where you can get support from Nurturing Birth doulas across the globe
- A quarterly e-newsletter with up-to-date research, information, CPD options and support
- A warm, supportive, nurturing network
There is a comprehensive manual for each participant, which is given out during the course. In preparation for the four days every participant is expected to complete a pre-course module and submit that to her trainer at least one week prior to the course.
The home-study is designed to allow the participant to best prepare and reflect. Following the course there is a post-course module to be completed. Once that module is completed to the satisfaction of the trainer then a Nurturing Birth certificate will be issued.
After attending the course, and once you have got your certificate from Nurturing Birth, you can choose to become a member of Doula UK and/or start working right away.
All Nurturing Birth courses are approved by Doula UK
Interested in becoming a Doula?
Have a look at our upcoming courses to find a course happening near you.
Nurturing Birth offers a 4-day doula training course for anyone wishing to become a birth and/or postnatal doula.
The aim of the Nurturing Birth doula course is to introduce people to the doula role, looking at antenatal preparation, birth and postnatal support. Our courses are held in comfortable, homely environments providing safe spaces in which to explore our experiences of pregnancy, birth and parenting.