Nurturing Birth offers three doula training courses for anyone wishing to become a birth and/or postnatal doula and a fourth for existing doulas. Our aim at Nurturing Birth is to introduce people to the doula role, look at antenatal preparation, birth and postnatal support, nurture doulas through their journey and empower them to go out and support families with confidence. The doula courses are all designed to provide safe spaces in which to explore experiences of pregnancy, birth and parenting.
The Intensive Course is our shortest in-person course – four days spent with a facilitator plus a one-off session with a member of our mentoring team – a perfect introduction to the world of doulaing. Our Expansive Course is ideal if you know that being a doula is the right path for you – a comprehensive course providing a combination of online learning with modules from many specialist contributors, three gatherings with a course facilitator spread across four months and one-to-one mentoring throughout. Our Distance Course is our online course with sessions hosted on Zoom, with supportive content on our online platform and a one-off session with a member of our mentoring team. Our Evolution Course is ideal for those who have previously trained as a doula with Nurturing Birth or elsewhere and desire to refresh or update their practice. It combines two online Zoom sessions with the Expansive Course Specialist Contributor modules, post-course assignments and one mentoring session.
Not quite sure what course to choose?
Register your interest by completing this form and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
All doulas completing a Nurturing Birth course will get:
- Nurturing Birth Doula logos to put on websites and other promotional materials
- A comprehensive manual full of evidence-based research and information to support you in starting your doula journey
- A free 12-month listing on the international Nurturing Birth Directory
- Discounted options on some of our CPD courses
- Invitation to a secret Facebook group where you can get support from our warm, welcoming network of Nurturing Birth doulas across the globe
- Invitations to Nurturing Birth doula gatherings
- Regular graduate e-newsletters with up-to-date research, information, CPD options and support
- The well-respected position of being a Nurturing Birth doula
- The opportunity to join Doula UK
Is there a Doula in you?
We’ve introduced our Is there a Doula in you experience, which runs three times a year to give you the opportunity and safe space to see whether undertaking a doula training really is the next right step for you. Over five days you will spend time with the Nurturing Birth team and other aspiring doulas exploring the doula role, with special offers available at the end of each experience.