Nurturing Birth offers a 4-day doula training course for anyone wishing to become a birth and/or postnatal doula.
The aim of the Nurturing Birth doula course is to introduce people to the doula role, looking at antenatal preparation, birth and postnatal support. Our courses are held in comfortable, homely environments providing safe spaces in which to explore our experiences of pregnancy, birth and parenting.
What will you get if you sign up for a Nurturing Birth Doula Course?
- 4 days with an experienced, working doula looking at the doula role, debriefing your own experiences and meeting other like-minded people
- Pre-course home study – an opportunity to prepare for the course by exploring beliefs, feelings and knowledge around pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period. This will be submitted to the Course Facilitator prior to the course.
- Up to a year to complete a post-course module.
- Nurturing Birth certificate on completion of the course and home study modules to the satisfaction of the Course Facilitator.
- Nurturing Birth Doula logos to put on websites and other promotional materials
- A comprehensive manual full of evidence-based research and information to support you in starting your doula journey
- One-to-one session with your Doula Facilitator after the course (via phone or Skype) to discuss your situation, expectations, fears and challenges going forward
- A free 12-month listing on the international Nurturing Birth Directory
- Introduction to the Nurturing Birth Initial Doula Mentoring Programme
- Discounted options on some of our online CPD courses, such as Starting Your Doula Business
- Invitation to a secret Facebook group where you can get support from our warm, welcoming network of Nurturing Birth doulas across the globe
- Invitations to Nurturing Birth doula gatherings
- A quarterly e-newsletter with up-to-date research, information, CPD options and support
- The Worth Module from Wise Hippo
- Discount to training on BabyCalm or ToddlerCalm
- The well-respected position of being a Nurturing Birth doula
There is a comprehensive manual for each participant, which is given out during the course. In preparation for the four days every participant is expected to complete a pre-course module and submit that to her trainer at least one week prior to the course.
The home-study is designed to allow the participant to best prepare and reflect. Following the course there is a post-course module to be completed. Once that module is completed to the satisfaction of the trainer then a Nurturing Birth certificate will be issued.
After attending the course, and once you have got your certificate from Nurturing Birth, you can choose to become a member of Doula UK and/or start working right away.
All Nurturing Birth courses are approved by Doula UK
Interested in becoming a Doula?
Have a look at our upcoming courses to find a course happening near you.